Hospital rule

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by santi84 13 yrs ago
I was give birth last year on december with my beatifull baby girl and she is now 4months old.

This is my story....

My 1st contraction was came at 8pm and happent every 30min a part but that time Iam still at home and I thought I still can wait till the next day.But not like I planned.After 12at night my contraction came once every 10min a part.So I couldnt stand it anymore.So I asked my husband to bring me to PMH.

Arraved there at 2am.After we fill out the form.The nurse brough me to the room and she said my husband have to leave coz not the visiting time.which is I agree with that.but before he leave we asked if he can stay in during my delivery that they said they will call my husband .

Iam so happy with that even though I have pain in my tummy and I had to stay alone without company in that room till (dont know yet when I will give birth)

In the room alone I was so scared,in pain and no body seem to care.I feel like dumped off.Nurse came every 20 to 30 mins to check and every they came I always asked for pain killer but none is recived to me.I was so up set but pain in my tummy make me forget about how up set Iam.

Till around 8am the nurse came again and still I asked for pain killer but I just recived disapointed asnwer and finally she broked my water than suddely I remember my husband,I should to call him.Than I asked nurse to make a call for him.

Iam very happy at list he can see his dauther come to this world.But AGAIN I was so disapointed ..... They call him 8.35am,they said baby will come out around 8.55am and they will call him later and they call him again and said I have some problem so he cant come in.But actually nothing problem with me....The only 1 thingk I want,I want my husband around me,I need him and I want to see him.I keep asking them...My Godness what wrong with them.There is about 7 peoples inside the room,shout to me.telling me I can do it....puss puss puss...

Till my baby came out at 8.50 without my dream my husband next to me.

My question is why they do that.What the dificult to call.And why they not allow my husband to come in..And why they said they will call and allow my husband come in.That is just gived us hope but just bloody lie.

5 mins after deliver my baby girl,he came to see us.Between disapointed coz I did not receve pain killer at all as we asked in the bigining and he cant see my girl but we happy is everything OK.We had healthy baby girl.

Does anyone have experice the same like us? I heard next door from my room,womens was sream and the nurse was shout.Without think how stress women in the delivery room.

Or that is the rule of hongkong hospital...

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
bigwhale 13 yrs ago
I have sent you a PM.

santi84 13 yrs ago
Hi

Sorry for late reply.Thank so much for the idea.is really great n really appreciated.We will thingk about that...We try to forget about delivery room even thought is really hard for me.But we so impress we had healthy and happy baby.

I just hope no more suffering women in delivery room..No more....Luckily Iam quate strong to face it but maybe some women not and will got depress .

So where do you go to complain them???

bigwhale 13 yrs ago
You can complain to the hospital and they are have to give you a response. Check out the hospital website for more information. If you are not happy with the response, then you can take your complaint to the Health Authority. Again check the website for the forms and process.

SusiCan 13 yrs ago
Hi, I'm looking at having our baby in a public hospital in HK - does anyone know is the horrible exprience santi84 had normal ?

Thanks

prone_to_wander 13 yrs ago
Prince of Wales has become increasingly restrictive with allowing fathers into the room. I would try and give birth at the Queen Mary. They seem to be the most accommodating out off all the public hospitals.

deliran 13 yrs ago
I am supposed to give birth at Prince of Wales at the end of Aug, but this new policy about not allowing husbands in the room is really scaring me. We are both going to classes at Annerly to prepare for a natural birth, but the whole idea behind it is that my husband will be part of the process and help to calm me down, etc. - however, if he is forbidden from from the room, the idea of being alone in a hospital where I know no one and then having some strange nurses shouting at me to 'push' just completely freaks me out. How can I avoid this? I am willing to accept the whole 'no-frills' atmosphere in the public hospitals, but it seems inhumane to expect all women to want to be alone and scared while they give birth. How could I transfer to Queen Mary? I live in Tai Po...

santi84 13 yrs ago
hi everyones thanks for the reply,and actually i was gived birth in Princess Margaret.some of my friends told me if you want ur husband stay biside you,we have to join classes before the due date.but I dont know definitely.

and one of my friend said to me cos she had the 1st baby without company and it was nightmare cos she have to stay there 24 hours alone but when she was gived birth the second baby at the same place ,that time her husband fight to stay.he said no matther what he want to stay,even they will call the police.

but in the end they allowe him to stay.

So maybe For you Deliran...you can do the same like them,cos stay in the lobour is really nightmare if you are alone.My opinion is only our patner can support us mentally and the nurse,docter just can help us physically...

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad